Welcome to HCV Advocate’s hepatitis blog. The intent of this blog is to keep our website audience up-to-date on information about hepatitis and to answer some of our web site and training audience questions. People are encouraged to submit questions and post comments.

For more information on how to use this blog, the HCV drug pipeline, and for more information on HCV clinical trials
click here

Be sure to check out our other blogs: The HBV Advocate Blog and Hepatitis & Tattoos.


Alan Franciscus

Editor-in-Chief

HCV Advocate



Saturday, February 28, 2015

Combos Cure HCV in Almost All With HIV Co-infection

Just 12 weeks of treatment eliminated hepatitis C virus in HIV patients.

SEATTLE -- Two drug combinations aimed at hepatitis C (HCV) yielded almost perfect cure rates in patients also infected with HIV, researchers reported here at the 2015 Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections.

When the drugs were given for 12 weeks, 96% to 98% of patients had undetectable HCV 12 weeks after the end of therapy -- the so-called SVR12, which is regarded as a cure.

The only blot on the horizon was a 76% SVR12 rate when the combination of daclatasvir and sofosbuvir (Sovaldi) was given for just 8 weeks, reported David Wyles, MD, of the University of California San Diego.

Read more...

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I was diagnosed of this HIV deadly disease. a friend of mine introduce Dr peter to me and I actually did contact
    him after he has prepare the herbal medicine he sent it to me and I used it according to his prescription after one
    week I went to the hospital to check my status again because I was feeling differently from the way I tested
    POSITIVE before, to my greatest surprise the status was HIV NEGATIVE the medical doctors there was surprise and I
    have to tell the whole world about this if you are still having this similar problem I recommend you to dr peter
    his email is ayokospellcaster@gmail.com you can call dr PETER ,OR Whatsapp hem on this very number

    +2348132537313

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is no secret that I have a very deep and personal relationship with God. I have pushed and resisted that relationship this past year through all the bullshit I have had to go through living with Herpes but once again, God is bigger than my stubbornness and broke through that outbreak cold sore and all I had Genital Herpes. For me personally, hearing over and over how I am not good enough has really invaded my mind in the worst way possible. I completely shut down and I was just waking up like is this how life going to end this temporary herpes outbreak “fuck everybody with herpes if you know what I mean” but let's be honest here...It is a cowardly to say no to herbal medicine. It is fear based. And it is dishonest to what my heart wants. Don't build a wall around yourself because you are afraid of herbals made or taking a bold step especially when it's come to health issues and getting cure. So many young men/ women tell me over and over that Dr Itua is going to scam me but I give him a try to today I feel like no one will ever convince me about herbal medicine I accept Dr Itua herbal medicine because it's cure my herpes just two weeks of drinking it and i have been living for a year and months now I experience outbreak no more, You can contact him if you need his herbal medicine for any such diseases like,HIV,Epilepsy Infertility, Herpes, Hepatitis, Schizophrenia,Cancer,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva.Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic,Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic, Love Spell,. Email..drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com then what's app.+2348149277967.... My advice to any sick men/women out there is simple... Be Always an open book. Be gut wrenching honest about yourself, your situation, and what you are all about. Don't hold anything back. Holding back will get you nowhere...maybe a one way ticket to lonelyville and that is NOT somewhere you want to be. So my final truth...and I'm just starting to grasp this one..

    ReplyDelete